Even for highly qualified candidates, becoming a Medical Science Liaison is a challenging endeavor. It’s nearly impossible to achieve on your own without the proper preparation and guidance.
The Medical Science Liaison Career Guide: How to Break into Your First Role will show you, step by step, how to search for, apply, and interview for your first MSL role. The book reveals strategies for standing apart from the competition, what hiring managers look for when considering candidates, and what gets the right candidates hired.
Dr. Samuel Jacob Dyer shares his years of experience as a hiring manager at some of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies and as chairman of the board for the MSL Society. In three easy-to-read sections, he discusses the Medical Science Liaison role, presents your MSL job search strategy, and reveals the inner workings of the MSL hiring process. His proven techniques and insights will increase your chances of starting your career as a highly paid Medical Science Liaison.
This book is a Step-by-Step guide on how to successfully land your first role. By reading it you will learn:
- What the MSL role is and its purpose
- How hundreds of MSLs broke into their first role
- What activities MSLs actually do
- How to research the role, companies and hiring managers
- How to effectively network with MSLs and hiring managers
- The proper format and what to include in your CV
- The differences between a phone screen, a phone interview, an in-person interview and how to prepare for each of them
- What specific questions to ask and what specific questions you will be asked during the various interview stages
- The average salary offered to new MSLs
- How to negotiate and accept an offer